Terms & conditions
The Green Deal terms and conditions are in addition to the Energy Supply Contract Terms for Domestic Customers and apply to you if there is a Green Deal Plan at the Property. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between these additional terms and conditions and the other terms and conditions in this Contract, then these additional terms and conditions will take priority.
Meanings of words & phrases
1. “Green Deal Bill Payer” means a person responsible for paying the Green Deal Charges in respect of the Green Deal Premises;
2. “Green Deal Charges” means the charges that are due under a Green Deal Plan by the Green Deal Bill Payer;
3. “Green Deal Licensee” means a licensed electricity supplier that has either: (i) been instructed under its supply licence to collect, or (ii) voluntarily agreed to collect, Green Deal Charges as an agent and trustee on behalf of a Green Deal Provider;
4. “Green Deal Plan” means a plan arranged by the owner or occupier of the Green Deal Premises (and agreed by the Green Deal Provider) to pay for the energy efficiency improvements which are to be installed at the Green Deal Premises, where such energy efficiency improvements are to be paid for wholly or partially in installments through the electricity bills;
5. “Green Deal Premises” means the Property where energy efficiency improvements are to be installed under a Green Deal Plan;
6. “Green Deal Provider” means an accredited person or party registered as a Green Deal Provider who may offer a Green Deal Plan;
7. “Property” means the property (including any part of any land, building or structure) to which Energy will be supplied under this Contract and at which Energy will be used wholly or mainly for domestic purposes, including where applicable the Green Deal Premises;
8. “you”, “your” and “Customer” refers to the person or persons named on the Application, any persons notified to us from time to time and accepted by us or the person or persons who enter into a Deemed Contract with us and where applicable, the person responsible for paying Green Deal Charges in respect of the Property.
Green Deal Terms
1. Green Deal Charges are set by the Green Deal Provider and agreed with the original occupier or owner who arranged the Green Deal Plan.
2.Your Green Deal Charges will be included in your electricity bills and/or statements which will be sent to you (or where applicable, will be available online).
3. Your Green Deal Charges will be paid by the same method of payment as your electricity Charges. We will pass these payments, once collected, to your Green Deal Provider (or their nominated recipient).
4.We will only collect Green Deal Charges from you that become due from the Supply Start Date and you agree to allow us to collect Green Deal Charges until such time as you have arranged for a new supplier (who must be a Green Deal Licensee) to supply electricity to the Property.
5. You agree that if you do not pay your bill as agreed under this Contract, any electricity Charges and Green Deal Charges shall be split pro rata between us and the Green Deal Provider (or their nominated recipient) according to the ratio of electricity Charges to Green Deal Charge irrespective of your intentions or instrctions on how the electricity Charges and Green Deal Charges should be treated or dealt with.
6. Should you remain the Green Deal Bill Payer after the General Terms and Conditions of supply under this Contract have terminated, you will still be required to pay any Green Deal Charges due under the Green Deal Plan.
Billing and Payment
1. We will send you a bill or statement as required by our licence conditions (which will show you a breakdown of our charges) every 6 months which will include the following information: (i) that your Property is a Green Deal Premises; (ii) details of your weekly Green Deal Charges; (iii) how your Green Deal Charges are collected through your Pay As You Go meter (if applicable); and (iv) where you can find impartial advice about your Green Deal Plan.
Ending your contract
1.You continue to be responsible for and are required to pay any Green Deal Charges until the date that the Contract ends.
2. Where you cancel a Direct Debit instruction for payment of our charges before we have sent you our final bill or statement, you will still be required to pay any further Green Deal Charges which are due to us under the Contract.
3. Where we have sent you a final bill or statement requesting payment of charges, you are required to pay all Green Deal Charges within 7 calendar days of the date on such final bill or statement.