My Account - Features
A guide to using My Account
Register for My Account
Take control of your energy through your own personalised account dashboard. Registration only takes a few minutes; all you need is your Spark account number and postcode. Check out our quick guide to making the most of My Account below. It’s safe, secure and easy to use!
Account summary is the first page you'll see when you log in to My Account.
Your account at a glance
This is how you're account is looking
A quick look at your account summary will give you a good overview of things to look out for.
- Check your account balance.
- See when your next Direct Debit payment will be taken.
- Find out your estimated annual spend.
- Make sure your Direct Debit is set at a suitable amount to cover your usage.
Bills & payments
From your main dashboard, navigate to the bills & payments tab.
Make a payment
Pay a monthly bill, or clear a debit balance
Our online payment portal is safe, secure and will save you time by not having to call us up to pay your bill each month.
- Simply click make a payment.
- Enter how much you’d like to credit your account by.
- Choose a payment method (card or Paypal) and follow the instructions to complete your transaction.
Manage your Direct Debit
Update your bank details, payment date or direct debit amount
It's super easy to amend your direct debit:
- Simply click the manage your direct debit button under your current balance.
- Select change payment details or change my bank account details.
For your own benefit, there's a few restrictions in place to help you make sensible choices when amending a Direct Debit.
- If you don't have a smart meter, you might be asked to provide an up to date meter reading. This is to ensure any changes made are suitable to cover your usage.
- We won't allow you to set your direct debit any lower than 20% of your average monthly usage.
- If you next payment is due to leave your bank in the next 3 days, you'll have to wait for it to clear before making changes to the one after that.
- You can't change the collection date of your direct debit more than once in a month.
From your main dashboard, navigate to the meter readings tab.
Submit meter readings
Avoid estimated bills
Some online features are dependant on up to date readings being given - so it's worth doing this regularly, so you can get the most out of your online account.
- Update us with your latest readings so we can provide you with an accurate service.
- View your read history, including readings you've supplied to us, and any estimates.
From your main dashboard, navigate to the my tariff tab.
Your tariff information
We've made it really clear for you to see how your tariff is broken down
Everything from unit rates and standing charges, to your tariff name and end date are displayed on your Tariff Information Label (TIL).
- Simply click on the full details button below your current tariff summary.
Compare and save
Are you on our cheapest tariff?
If you pay on receipt of a monthly bill:
- We’ll highlight that you’re not using our cheapest way to pay, and how much you could save by setting up a Direct Debit.
If you already pay by Direct Debit:
- Compare our range of tariffs to find the best deal for you. Click show me other available tariffs to explore fixed and viable tariffs.
From your main dashboard, navigate to the your info tab.
How would you like us to get in touch?
From time to time we'll have to send you important updates about your tariff and services.
- Simply click on the contact preferences option that appears on your info.
- Under notification options, you can pick your preferences and we'll always try our best to hour them.
- We'll always need at least one way to notify you about your account.
What about promotions and offers?
Occasionally, we'd like to provide you with info about new offers and promotions that we think you'd appreciate.
- Under marketing options, you can let us know how you'd like to receive them.
- Looking to opt-out of marketing from us? It's easy, just deselect all the boxes.
- Remember to click save to update these selections.